Step into the spotlight with the Zoom B1Xon. It offers dozens of DSP effects and amp models, plus effects chaining, onboard chromatic tuner, rhythm patterns, looping, even a built-in expression pedal. Use the pedal for gain drive or volume, to add wah or filtering, or to affect delay time or modulation speed. Your bass has never sounded so good!
Amazing effects, amazing features, amazing sound
The B1Xon offers 105 bass effects, including a variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb, and amp models, along with a number of pedal-controlled effects.
Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together any way you like. In addition, there are 68 built-in rhythm accompaniment patterns, and you can connect headphones to the output jack (as well as portable music players to the auxiliary input jack) for silent practice sessions. An onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard bass tunings, and a Looper feature allows you to record up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio. Loop length can be set either manually or to a preset number of quarter notes, and you can loop to any rhythm pattern, with automatic quantization that ensures seamless start and end times.
Programming is simple and straightforward thanks to a streamlined user interface and large backlit LCD screen. Advanced editing features such as Swap, Auto-Save, and Pre-Select make it easy to organize your patches for live performance and allow you to scroll through patches silently while keeping the current patch operational. In addition, the B1Xon’s built-in expression pedal enables you to control input level, output level, or any selected effect parameter in real time.
The perfect accompaniment.
Rhythm training is an important part of every bassist’s craft. The B1Xon Rhythm function makes it easy and fun to do. 68 realistic-sounding rhythms are at your fingertips: PCM samples of actual drums playing real-life patterns in a variety of different genres—everything from rock to jazz, and from Emo to Motown. Dozens of quarter-note, eighth-note and sixteenth-note rhythms are provided, in 4/4, 6/8 (shuffle), and 3/4 (waltz time); for the adventurous, there’s even a 5/4 groove!
The Rhythm function can also be used in conjunction with the Looper function (see below), allowing you to craft complex orchestrations overlaying the pattern of your choice.
Build a complete performance.
Got a great lick that you’d like to expand on, or a distinctive chord progression that you think could serve as the foundation for an exciting improvisation or an inspired solo? Explore your creativity to its fullest with the B1Xon Looper, which allows you to layer up to 30 seconds of performance (through the effect or effects of your choice) in high quality audio (16-bit 44.1kHz). Recording time can either be set manually or to a preset number of quarter notes, up to 64 beats, and starting and stopping the Looper (as well as readying it for an overdub or clearing its memory altogether) is as easy as pressing a pedal—no hands required.
The B1Xon Looper can also be used in conjunction with the Rhythm function, allowing you to play along with the pattern of your choice.
More power to you.
The B1Xon runs on just 4 AA batteries—either alkaline or rechargeable NiMH. Alternatively, it can be powered from an optional Zoom AD-16 AC adapter or via USB.
When running on batteries, the B1Xon powers up automatically when a jack is inserted into its input connector, and a unique “eco” function can be used to automatically power the unit off if unused for 10 hours.
Battery life (when using alkaline batteries) is more than 20 hours, even during continuous use, and a handy “battery remaining” display shows you how much power is remaining. To extend battery life further still, you can opt to have the backlit LCD display turn off automatically after 15 or 30 seconds after the pedal was last used.
Features at a glance
• 100 effects, including distortion, compression, modulation, delay, and reverb, plus 5 pedal-controlled effects
• Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
• Built-in expression pedal for control over input level, output level, or any selected effect parameter
• 100 memory locations (10 banks of 10) for the storage of user-created patches
• Swap function makes patch organization a breeze
• Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
• Pre Select function allows silent patch selection while keeping the current patch operational
• Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard bass tunings
• Looper feature for the recording of up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
• 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
• Standard ¼” input jack accepts standard cable (both active and passive instruments supported)
• ⅛” auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
• Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
• Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
• Lightweight and small enough to fit in your gig bag
• Easily integrated into any existing pedalboard
• Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 20 hours
• USB port for power and firmware updates
• Optional AC adapter
Here’s what comes included with the B1Xon:
• Operation manual
• AA size (LR6) battery x 4
• AC adapter (Zoom AD-16)