The Zoom SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun Microphone Capsule is designed to work with the company’s H5 and H6 audio recorders as well as the hybrid Q8 audio and video recorder.
The capsule includes a super-directional microphone for picking up sound on center that can be combined with a bidirectional side microphone for picking up sound from the left or right to record a fully mono-compatible stereo image for film, video, and television projects.
For example, you can record dialogue with the center microphone and then mix the desired amount of environmental sound captured by the side microphone with the Zoom recorder. A hairy windscreen is included for helping reduce wind noise.
SSH-6 Product Highlights
- Mid-side shotgun mic capsule for the Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders and the Q8 Handy Video Recorder
- Allows Mid-Side recording, enabling the width of the stereo image to be adjusted during recording or in post-production, while maintaining full mono compatibility
- Advanced digital signal processing for the pickup power of a conventional shotgun mic in a unit only half the size
- Perfect for film, video, and live theater applications
- Analog-style gain control for fast setting of input level
- 5-volt preamp minimizes distortion even at high volumes
- Includes hairy windscreen for reduction of wind noise