Zoom UAC-2 – 2-in/2-out USB 3.0 Audio Converter
The bus-powered UAC-2 adds two channels of 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution audio to any USB 2.0 or 3.0-equipped Windows or Mac computer—even to your iPad.* It utilizes USB 3.0 SuperSpeed technology for low latency and includes advanced features such as 4x upsampling and MIDI I/O. Plug in any type of microphone, line-level device or instrument for fast, easy recording into your favourite DAW software, or use the UAC-2 for onstage playback of your audio files or for pristine online streaming in your home or office.
Now you can get the best out of your laptop at every gig. The UAC-2 is portable, bus-powered (no batteries or AC connection required) and rugged enough for the road, plus its advanced converters and support for USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ensures superior audio wherever your muse takes you. There’s even a Loopback function for live streaming, allowing you to share your performance with the world.
Pair a UAC-2 with your choice of DAW software and create great audio in every type of recording environment. Connect a wide variety of microphones, line-level devices, and instruments. Use Direct Monitoring for zero latency overdubbing. Sync your MIDI controllers, sound modules, and drum machines. The UAC-2 provides everything you need, in one compact device.
Think your headphones and speakers already sound pretty great? Try plugging them into the UAC-2 instead of your computer’s audio outputs and treat yourself to the true experience. Now you can enjoy streamed high-resolution audio—all the way up to 24-bit/192kHz—in full fidelity.
UAC-2 MixEfx is a free Windows / Macintosh application designed specially by Zoom for the UAC-2. With UAC-2 MixEfx, you can set mix parameters and add high-quality effects such as reverb and echo. Other features include a low cut filter, phase reverse, AUTO GAIN control for each input. UAC-2 MixEfx even has three memory slots for saving user settings with quick recall.
UAC-2 Features at a glance:
• 2-in/2-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
• Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
• Ultra-low latency audio streaming (2.2ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples)
• Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
• Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
• Switch-able +48V phantom power
• Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
• 1/4″ headphone jack with dedicated level control
• Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
• Large knob output volume control
• Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
• MIDI In and Out
• Compatible with all popular DAW software, including Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and others
• High-performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
• 120dB of dynamic range
• 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
• Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
• Bus powered—no AC power required
• Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
• Works with all USB 2.0 and 3.0-equipped computers and iPads*
* Optional power adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.