The Zoom SGH-6 shotgun capsule by Zoom adds a professional-quality hyper-directional microphone to your H5 or H6 unit, making it the perfect audio recorder for anyone working in film and video applications. The SGH-6 is compatible with both the Zoom H5 & H6 units.
Shotgun microphones are frequently used when you cannot position a microphone directly in front of a sound source.
When positioned a short distance away directly at the audio target, the SGH-6 will collect the intended audio only, recording unwanted sounds at a very low level, if at all.
Even though they do an above-average job of picking up sounds that originate from a short distance away, for best results it is suggested they are positioned as physically close to the sound source as possible.
If the capsule is more than three feet away, the audio will start to sound distant. The farther away it is, the more distant and reverberant the audio will become.
- Hyperdirectional mic capsule for the Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders as well as the Q8 Handy Video Recorder
- Ultra-tight polar pattern allows the capture of distant sound with excellent off-angle noise rejection
- Advanced digital signal processing for the pickup power of a conventional shotgun mic in a unit only half the size
- Perfect for film, video, and live theater applications as well as ENG
- Analog-style gain control for fast setting of input level
- 5-volt preamp minimizes distortion even at high volumes
- Includes hairy windscreen for reduction of wind noise